In our county schools:
- Black students are 5x more likely to be suspended than white students.
- Native students make up 6% of the school district population but 10% of out-of-school suspensions and 32% of expulsions.
In our city schools:
- Hispanic students are, on average, academically 1.4 grades behind White students.
- Students with Disabilities make up 13.5% of the student population but 28.1% of out-of-school suspensions and 54.5% of referrals to law enforcement.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color represent 36% of the district population but 55% of expulsions.
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Klamath County Social Justice Committee invites you to engage with us as we start a direct action campaign. If you have any questions please contact Courtney Neubauer, Social Justice Committee Chair, at email@example.com or (541) 238-2181. Please also sign up for our email list below so that we can keep you informed.