Who wants SOUUP?
I am your new intern minister QuianaDenae Perkins.
I am originally from Minnesota and currently live in Ann Arbor Michigan. I am the mama bear of two teenage cubs. When I am not driving them around, I love being outdoors- hiking, camping, and nature photography are some of my favorite activities.
My history with UU is long, starting back in 2000 as Summer youth staff. Over time and a few moves later, I found a spiritual home at First UU Congregation of Ann Arbor. I later took on a paid staff role as the Coordinator of Social Justice + Pastoral Care. My last role before leaving in Jan 2022 was as Coordinator of Congregational Life.
In addition to parish ministry, I have also been involved Black Lives of UU (BLUU), Church of the Larger Fellowship (CLF), Side with Love, and UU the Vote. In 2019, while attending the Liberal Religious Educators Association (LREDA) Fall Conference, I answered my call to ministry. In Spring 2021, I applied and was accepted into Starr King School for the Ministry. In the Winter of 2022, Rev Sean invited me to apply for the SOUUP intern opportunity.
At this stage of my ministerial formation, interning for SOUUP is the perfect fit. There is a great deal of alignment between the needs of each community and my skills + desired areas of learning. We are starting from a place of abundance and joy!
Things to know:
- My general work schedule is Sunday 10:00-2:00, Tuesday through Friday 10:00-6:00 pacific time.
- My primary work location will be Ann Arbor Michigan. I will visit Southern Oregon three times over the next nine months.
- Please note that I am in the Eastern time zone
- (SOUUP 6:00 pm is my QuianaDenae 9:00pm).
- I can be reached by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appointments can be scheduled: Meeting with QDP
All internships require community support and that is where YOU come in!
My first visit will be Wednesday, September 21- Sunday, September 25, 2022.
To make that visit a success I am seeking volunteers for working/short-term committees:
- Welcome to SOUUP- I am seeking people from each community who can help organize gatherings and events during my visit.
(ex: a listening circle, a fun family event, a young adult social, etc)
- 9.25 worship team- I am seeking one person from each community who can assist in planning the 9.25 in-person/multi-platform worship during my visit.
Both these committees will start meeting and planning immediately, please reply by email and include your home congregation in the message.
Where to find me:
Building a community while being remote is not impossible, however, it does require attention and intention. To that end, I will be preaching at each community in the coming weeks and hosting Open Zooms to foster connection and conversation.
|Rogue Valley||Sunday Sept 11 10:30 am|
|Klamath||Sunday Sept 18 11:00 am|
|SOUUP||Sunday Sept 25 TBD|
|Grants Pass||Sunday Oct 2 10:30 AM|
|Open Zoom Sessions||ZOOM LINK|
|Tuesday Sept 13 3:00 pm||Tuesday Zoom Link|
|Thursday Sept 15 4:30 pm||Thursday Zoom Link|
|Friday Sept 16 12:30 pm||Friday Zoom Link|
I am very excited about this coming year. I see the potential we have to grow together! In our social justice movement work, in our faith, and our sacred covenant to each other. So the answer to the question, who wants SOUUP, is easy… I do!
Southern Oregon UU Partnership