The 10 acts of kindness from Faith’s sermon…And a few more for good measure at the bottom.
- Give an unexpected compliment.
- Let someone cut in front of you in line.
- Slow down so someone can merge in front of you in traffic.
- Let someone else take that primo parking spot.
- Help someone struggling to carry their grocery bags.
- Say something encouraging to a parent who’s struggling with
rambunctious kids in a restaurant or grocery store.
- Offer to return a stranger’s grocery cart to the front of the
- Pick up a piece of litter and throw it out.
- Pass along a compliment to a service worker’s boss.
- Smile at someone who looks sad.
The idea is to drop a pebble in the pond and know that
someone will feel the ripple effect as others pass it forward.
A few more suggestions:
- Be a friend to a lonely neighbor.
- Be a good listener.
- Make kindness the norm.
- Adopt a grandparent. Go to a local nursing home and find out who is not getting any visitors.
- Plant a tree!